Friday, March 21, 2014

Provoke by Missy Johnson Blog Tour with Review



Title: Provoke
Series: Provoke, Book 1
Author: Missy Johnson
Organized by: Indie Sage, LLC
Release Date: March 17, 2014

Mace Jordan was not the type of guy I expected to sweep me off my feet. I knew of the crowd he ran with, and they were bad news. But beyond that tough, biker exterior was a sweetheart, and one that treated me like his princess.

I liked being the good girl with the bad boy, but I never expected this. What I saw on his computer…I thought I knew him. 

But I was wrong. So wrong…

If there was ever a bad time for me to fall for a chick it was now, but from the moment I saw Leeta, she had me. There was something special about her, and I had to have her. But I also had a job to do, and I couldn’t let her distract me from that. I couldn’t let her discover that side of me either. But she’s not stupid, and I know she’s getting close. God knows what she’ll do if she discovers the truth. 

Or what she thinks is the truth.





~MY REVIEW~

This is a rather short book that packs a lot of punch. It has a darker story line that kept me on the edge of my seat for a most of the book. The book starts out with an intriguing scene that piqued my interest.

Then there seemed to be a jump in the story line. In the first chapter, Leeta and Mace are in a stable relationship so we don't get to experience them meeting and falling for each other. Not saying this isn't a romance book, it is. It just isn't the beginning of their story. Honestly, although I didn't feel like the development of their relationship would have be critical for the story line, I am curious how these two came together...maybe prequel idea (HINT HINT!). How does a prosecutor end up with a member of crime family whose father and brother are in jail for their crimes?

A lot of times, the time of the characters getting to know each other is my opportunity to become connected with them. So the fact that we missed that part worried me at first, but after the first chapter or two, I didn't miss it. There's enough interaction between Mace and Leeta for me to feel their love and devotion.

This story was more about how they come to build the trust in their relationship. Can their feelings for each other overcome Mace's actions. His motives are honorable, but can Leeta look past the actions and focus on the results. One the action starts, it moves quickly. Hence, the need to read it one sitting.




About the Author

Missy lives in a small town in Central Victoria with her husband, and her confused pets (a dog who think she’s a cat, a cat who thinks he’s a dog…you get the picture).
When she’s not writing, she can usually be found looking for something to read.

Website: https://www.missycjohnson.com
Twitter: https://www.twitter.com/missycjohnson
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Missy-Johnson/618217221528253
Goodreads: https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/6984258.Missy_Johnson


Giveaway 




No comments:

Post a Comment