Saturday, September 28, 2013

Only for You by Marquita Valentine Blog Tour



Synopsis

Loose ends left loose for too long tend to strangle.

Cole
I knew a relationship with Violet Rae Givens aka Country Music Princess Violet Lynn wouldn't be easy. I knew it would take work. But when the press found about me and started digging... my past came to light, exposing all of my family's secrets. Now some of these used-to-be-secrets are wearing on me, on our relationship and there's nothing I can do about it.

Jaxon
Some might call me Country Music's Golden Boy...except for Violet Lynn, the girl that got away. She'd call me a lying, cheating, no good...well, you get the gist of it. But here's the truth: What she saw, she really didn't. What she thought happened, I allowed her to believe for reasons so insane that no one would ever have believed me if I had confessed. But now that everything's out in the open,I'm going to do my damndest to convince her that we belong together.

Violet Rae
I don't want to choose between Cole and Jaxon, because for me the answer is clear. Only Cole's pushing me away and Jaxon's giving me reasons to trust him again. And I'm afraid. I'm scared to death that one of them will make the decision for me.


My Review: 5 of 5 stars

This book picks up right where the first one, Live For You, leaves off. I fell in love with Cole in the first book and just really wanted him to find happiness. Who wouldn't fall in love with him? He's sexy with a rough and tough side, but has a loving and responsible side too. He was really dealt a crappy life, but he did what he needed to do to keep everything together, including taking care of his very little sister. He found his happiness in Violet, that's for sure, but there were so many things that came between them. There were several times I was reaching for the box of Kleenex throughout the book.

While I was reading, I kept thinking that Violet would end up getting back together with her jerk of an ex, Jaxon. I would have thrown my Kindle if that happened. Although he seemed to really want to be with Violet, he allowed things to happen to in the name of his career that he should have. Then to think that forcing her to tour with him and his new "fiance" was just cruel. Thankfully, I never felt that Violet was willing to rekindle things with Jaxon. In the end, he found his happiness...at least I think he did (that part of the story can easily be continued in another book, which I hope is planned).

To say I was on an emotional roller coaster is an understatement, it was maddening. One minute I was crying, but within minutes I was either smiling or yelling "NOOOOO!". Once I started reading this book, I had a hard time putting it down.

And then there are the secrets, so many life altering secrets..... GRRRR! Most of the secrets were family secrets for Cole and Jaxon, but it affected so many people's lives. I was so frustrated by them all. How can people be so selfish and think they can do anything? Those secrets rocked Cole's world and torn he and Violet apart. You'll have to read to find out if love was strong enough to overcome it all before the end of the book.



About the Author





New York Times Bestselling Author, Marquita Valentine, writes sexy heroes that make you swoon and sassy heroines that make you laugh. She’s the author of the bestselling contemporary romance series, Holland Springs, and the new adult romance series, Boys of the South.

Marquita met her husband aka Hot Builder at Sonic when they were in high school. She suggests this location to all of her single friends in search of a good man—and if that doesn’t work, they can console themselves with cheesy tatertots. She lives in North Carolina in a very, very small town with Hot Builder and their two children.

Website: www.marquitavalentine.com
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/AuthorMarquitaValentine



No comments:

Post a Comment