Friday, August 23, 2013

A Dangerous Man series by Serena Grey

Today, I've got a 2 for one special. I read both of these novellas and decided to share my review with you. These are part of a new serial, which means, short books with a lot of drama and action. These didn't disappoint, that's for sure. The third book, Claim, hasn't been released yet, but I am definitely looking forward to it. Bonus, they are only 0.99 each.


Awakening (A Dangerous Man, #1)Synopsis

His voice is hoarse. “I am going to make love to you now.” He says, “So if you want me to stop, tell me.”

I shake my head frantically. If he stops at this point, I’ll probably die.
 


Sophie Bennett has virtually no experience with men. Orphaned from birth, she's gone from living with her reclusive spinster aunt, to a sheltered education in boarding school. So nothing prepares her for David Preston. The intensely attractive business-man is entirely out of her league. Can she handle such a dangerous man, or is she in over her head?

My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This book is definitely a quick read, I finished it in about an hour. Don't let that stop you though, it was a great book. David sweeps Sophia off her feet and the romance that follow... whew :)

I am so afraid for Sophia. She is so innocent and there is definitely something up with David. I'm afraid she is going to get her heart broken, and after all she has been through, she doesn't deserve anything but happiness.

I'm desperate to know what happens next. The second book is Rebellion (A Dangerous Man #2). The third book in the series is Claim


Synopsis Rebellion (A Dangerous Man #2)

"I wanted your innocence, your beauty,” he leans over and drops a soft kiss on the sensitive corner of my lips, “I wanted your body, Sophie, I wanted to see your face when I make you scream my name.” 

David Preston came into Sophie's life and changed it in ways she could never have anticipated. Now the intensely sexy, exquisitely beautiful man is hers, or is he really?

My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Obviously this is the second book in the series, hence the #2 in the title. If you haven't read the first, Awakening (A Dangerous Man, #1), you need to, this is NOT a stand alone book.

I'd probably give this book 4 1/2 stars, but I just can't seem to get past one burning question... Why did they have to get married? It's just driving me nuts. Which is why I will continue reading this addicting series. I need to know more to piece it all together. There's something up with David, I know there is, but I can't put my finger on it yet.

You can tell that Sophie is starting to realize that things aren't what she expected when she married David (well, duh, she married him after only knowing him a couple days, what did she expect?). Carole's name keeps coming up, but Sophie doesn't know who she is or how she fits into David's life.

This seems to be part of a serial, so there should be more books to come...at least there better be :) According to her facebook page, Claim is the title of the third one.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment